12.21.2009

Feathered Finery

Perhaps you've noticed my fondness for decorating with fowl and feather. A faux crow, a wise little owl or two, a pair of birdcages... you don't have to go out on limb to guess that I'm pretty much tickled by all of the avian accessories abound this holiday season. I don't have a nest to feather this year, but perhaps I should start collecting now?


These are perfect for the neutral and natural Christmas that I've been envisioning. Envisioning these on the tree with metallic trimmings makes my heart flutter.

Feathered Orb Trio from Anthropologie


On the trip to Sky Nursery to adopt the family Christmas tree I spotted these rather glamorous plumes tucked into the branches of a display tree. Very stylish- similar to the black feathers that Cassandra of Coco + Kelley used.



Just the thing for an elegant holiday dinner. The placemats are a lovely way to add texture to a white tableclothed spread. I have four that I'm planning on using under centerpieces! The Quill flatware is so fanciful, I think that a pair of spreaders would suffice.

Guinea Feather Placemat from Jayson Home & Garden, Quill Flatware from Pottery Barn


I love the simplicity of this calendar- such beautiful way to watch the year fly by, and an excellent gift (in fact, I think one would really soften up my home office, *hint, hint*).



Year of Feathers Calendar by The Wild Unknown, as featured by Design*Sponge



0 Have Spoken.: