6.16.2009

Good Clean Design

In the process of redecorating my bathroom I pored over my image files for inspiration- and I was amazed at the consistency of my taste! What do these images have in common?


Solid furniture and patinated metals...

Pristine white fixtures and bit of whimsy...
(Image by Domino Magazine)


Soft neutrals and a vintage apothecary vibe.
(Image by House Beautiful)

Yes, I'd have to win the lottery to make any of this happen (you know, to buy a house with a bathroom bigger than broom closet). But if I do, and I'm simply drowning in money... I'm still turning to Craig's List for the goods!

I'd combine a rusty relic...

Victorian wrought iron fencing (Craig's List, Full Set for $225.00)

With an elegant chest...

Distressed black French Country dresser (Craig's List, $350.00)

To create a totally original bathroom vanity!
The fencing would be perfect for hanging a simple beveled mirror, hand towel, decor, & jewelry.
The dresser can be modified to accommodate for plumbing- without sacrificing the six outer drawers.

It's easy to find accessories...

I'd take a quirky Santa Barbara lavatory faucet (California Faucets), a floor of classic white hex tile (Craig's List, $7.00 per square foot) with dark grout, and the sleek hanging fixture I've been sighing over at Harold's.
I highly recommend Pottery Barn's organic hand towels ($9.99, shown in "Soft Lilac"), I love the old-school pharmacy look of their classic glass bath accessories (Pottery Barn, $7.99 - $19.00), and I wouldn't mind saving some cash on a Hollviken vessel sink (Ikea, $90.00).

The result? Old-fashioned aesthetic with the convenience of modern plumbing- a timeless combination. Timeless, as in: when I'm filthy rich, I can bubble-bath in here for hours.

0 Have Spoken.: