4.22.2011

Happy Easter Weekend

It's Easter, and Adam couldn't resist a well-priced (and downright enormous) hunk of ham. What the heck, let's host a luncheon. Last year I did the pastel garden party thing- pretty, but predictable. I've invited over some thoroughly modern friends, so I thought I'd put together a tablescape to match. 



The mod runner is a fabric remnant that plays well with my caned chairs. Keeping the palette black and white lets me feature rabbits and fanciful details without getting too frou-frou. My tiny pedestal dishes add some height to each place setting, and if I get truly motivated tomorrow, they'll each hold a colorfully dyed Easter egg. Perhaps as place cards, like so?



So that's what I'm up to this weekend- tidying up the place and cooking a ham I can barely lift! What are your plans for Easter?

Until Monday,

Elizabeth


3 Have Spoken.:

Unknown said...

Just discovered your blog through Green Wedding Shoes & love your style! I'm your newest follower ;) Have a great Easter weekend!
~Giselle
http://www.machinewashwarm.blogspot.com

Rosie said...

Wish I could taste that Easter ham... we're cookin down at the Bowker compound tomorrow: gougeres, salmon, saffron risotto, salad, veggies, strawberry shortcake!!!

chelsea lee said...

cute bunny!!