9.21.2010

Here & Now: Our Dining Room "After"

My dining table has made many appearances on this blog- usually as the backdrop for one of Adam's gourmet creations. I'm feeling brave today, and I thought I'd show you how it fits into our dining room (or our dining alcove, to be more accurate).


For those of you who've started reading recently, last year (at about this time) Adam and I were informed that his job would be moving from Seattle to Berkeley. We had very little time to decide our course of action- and only a weekend to find a new home in California. Our apartment was selected for its practicality rather than its prettiness. In fact, it was downright ugly. If you don't believe me, check out the "before" pictures here

The only remotely charming feature of the otherwise bland apartment was the bay window in the dining area. I thought, "I can do something with this." And I think I did.

7 Have Spoken.:

cassandra said...

you did fantastic!!! the dining set looks insanely gorgeous in there.

Hilary said...

beautiful!

Maggie Rose said...

Yay, it looks beautiful! I've said it once, and I'll say it again, but I'm mad crushing on your chairs! And is those legs faux bamboo??? I love them even more.

Elizabeth said...

Cass and Hilary... Thank you!!

Maggie... I'm still crushing on the dining set too! It was a Craig's List score or $150, and originally included a matching sideboard (which didn't make the cut for the move). The legs and trim are faux bamboo- they're quirky, but they've still got classic lines. They're some of my most prized belongings!

Hannah Cho said...

I love love love what you did to your dining area! Oh and this is Hannah by the way from Sunhee Moon! I was sooo bummed that you didn't stay the rest of the day!! =(

Elizabeth said...

Hannah... Awwww, you are sweet as can be! I'm sure I'll be back in sooner or later for a wardrobe update- you girls are incredible at what you do. Stay in touch!!

Hannah Cho said...

Yea for sure! Also, I hope I can see some more great interior designs from you! Your blog is awesome! =)