9.27.2010

Dare to Dream: Wicked Bling

I like sparkly things as much as the next girl, but I'll be honest: if given the choice between a diamond and the cash equivalent, I'll be laughing all the way to Restoration Hardware. Diamonds are forever, but furniture is this girl's best friend.

Of course, if I were to be offered one of these, it would be another matter entirely. First off, any gentleman who could afford a rock that heavy could likely fund my decor habit with his pocket money. Secondly, I might live in a hovel to have this glorious combination of petal and claw glittering on my finger.




Round diamond "Flora" ring by McTeigue & McClelland Jewelers (via Martha Stewart Weddings)

I'm not anticipating any proposals from wealthy suitors, so my principles will remain untested, and this will get filed under "dare to dream." And oh, how I shall dream.

6 Have Spoken.:

Jane Flanagan said...

I'm not much of a bling girl, but this is pretty sensational!

jaunty magpie said...

Marry for money? Hell to the yes, if this ring is involved. I'm normally not one for yellow gold, but the setting has a vintage sweetness, which is of course balanced by the glacier-sized piece of fancy carbon sitting in the center.

Lori said...

Don't tell hubby, but I think I'd remarry for that one. Ha!

Elizabeth said...

Jane... I love jewelry, but most diamond rings seem pretty ho-hum to me. This one actually takes my breath away.

Denise... It's the mixed metallics and talon-like prongs that do it for me. It's feminine, dramatic, slightly gothic, exactly my style.

Maggie Rose said...

Um, YES PLEASE. That ring is beautiful! I used to be a Tiffany's-only girl (when I was 21, ha!) and now I really love antique rings. So much more unique.

Elizabeth said...

Lori... Haha! Your secret is safe with me. Now to find an eligible bachelor...

Maggie... This ring is actually a modern design, but I can't imagine you'd see too many of these on other fingers! If I ever end up with an engagement ring, I'm sure it'll be vintage though- modern rings usually don't do it for me!