8.02.2010

Renegade Weekend

We had quite an artsy-craftsy weekend at...
This was our first trip to Renegade, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'd hoped to do a bit of networking, but alas, the classic rock was pumped up so loud I could hardly manage more than "hello" and "love your work!" at each booth. Luckily, I did get to meet the lovely Lisa of Violet Swan and the blog Le Petit Cadeau (remember her?), whose pieces are somehow even more romantic in person.


My favorites included sweet and simple plates by Rae Dunn and a bunny tea towel by Flock Home. Naturally this graphic print by Nora Aoyagi captured my heart (it would be fantastic against the dark walls in my kitchen, fyi).


We had a great time- we even embraced the oh-so prevalent hipster 'stache trend. I sported a "Mr. Gloucester MT" (thanks to Old Tom Foolery), and Adam decided to try out a new look...


2 Have Spoken.:

Anne @ The City Sage said...

I have a photo postcard from last year's fair that makes me so happy to look at--glad to see they're still using the same moustache props :)

(and yes, isn't that first pairing in my anthro post just amazing? i gave myself chills when i put it together and can't stop looking at it!)

p.s. when are we going to meet in person? it must be soon! soon i tell you!

Lisa said...

I've been blog surfing a lot less lately, so I just now discovered your incredibly sweet mention - Thank you! It was great meeting you - despite the noise/music...
Love Nora Aoyagi's work, too. One of my favorites she's done is a goose skeleton w/a golden egg inside. I'm crossing my fingers that she decides to print another edition, as I missed my chance to snap one up the first time around.
Your blog looks great - every time I visit, I stumble upon a little gem (loving the cat tooth and the neglected antiques).