9.18.2009

Wish List: Daniel Danger Prints

This weekend marks the beginning of the end. Packing for the big move will officially commence tomorrow. *Sigh* I have a little pang of separation anxiety each time I pack away one of my lovely things.

It may be a long time before I'm able to move to Berkeley, but I know one thing for certain: as soon as I have four walls again, I'm going to decorate them like crazy.

I love furnishing new apartments. I draw up schematics and plot out furniture arrangements. I get so excited I can hardly sleep at night. I open each box with glee, and welcome my lovely things into their new home. One of the last steps is always my favorite- hanging up artwork.

I'm always on the lookout for beautiful and affordable artwork. One of my favorite sources is Flatstock, a poster and print event held at Bumbershoot. It's an exhibition that always overwhelms me (in a good way). The majority of the pieces shown are band posters, which are an awesome way to give a nod to a favorite musician in your decor. I am still kicking myself for passing on a Decemberists Manchester poster that I saw last year (the ship, the skeletons, why, Liz, why??).

This year I totally fell for the work of Daniel Danger. His work is mysterious, ethereal, supernatural, haunting... basically fodder for an unhealthy obsession. I foresee a big purchase someday soon, but which one??

"Don't Touch Anything of All You Keep, Don't Touch Anything You Don't Plan to Leave"

"The Medic"


"There's Nothing Out There, I Do Not Hear What You Hear"

"I Was Born in a House of Wyeth"

And my favorite (violin love, yay!)...
"We Were Waiting at the Seams, Bursting but Through Quiet Means"

I'll let you know when I decide. In the meantime, check out more of Daniel's work (and his blog!) at Tiny Media Empire.

2 Have Spoken.:

VisuaLingual said...

These are awesome! You might also enjoy the work of Luke Painter.

Elizabeth said...

VisuaLingual- Great tip, thanks so much!