6.23.2009

The Weekend in Review

The trouble with a legendary weekend... is that Monday finds you dull and glassy-eyed, facing an almost insurmountable pile of neglected chores (and if you uh, put the work off until Tuesday, it's all the more daunting). Excuse me while I engage in an epic battle with the fearsome piles of laundry and dishes that have usurped my apartment. Should I prevail, I'll regale you with tales of feasting, festing, and feats of fashion.

Coming up soon...
  • I wasn't kidding about the festing. Pictures from the Fremont Solstice Parade and the Edmonds Art Festival are on the way.
  • My style woes are history- thanks to a little help from my friends. See how we addressed the problem for under $150, and see how I take on the winner's decoration vexation. (Pssst, Rachel! Send me pictures!)
  • I'm entering the Apartment Therapy My Great Outdoors Competition, and I'm in it to win it. (Which is funny, as I don't actually have a yard...)
  • I have a knack for spotting a fab find... but sometimes I'm not quick enough on the draw. This week I'll show you some great stuff I didn't win.
  • Next weekend I'm rolling out the drop cloth and revving up the orbital sander- it's time to attack that to-do list. I've got an apartment full of "befores," let's see if I can crank out some "afters."
In the meantime, here's a glimpse of last weekend's adventuring...

Cheering the Mariners on to victory with Alex, Cory & Megan (and celebrating said victory at the Pyramid Brewery later...)

Who knew that baseball players were into decor?
The M's spice up their bullpen with some awesome "antiquities" and a "we're going to kick your ass" theme.

Megan got a souvenir from the Diamondback's bullpen.
Adam was a little jealous, so we had to buy him some rally fries.

0 Have Spoken.: