2.07.2011

The February Flea

Antiques, football, and an early crop of freckles- I couldn't have asked for a better weekend! Adam and I  spent our Sunday afternoon soaking up sun and inspiration at the Alameda flea market. We didn't spring for anything, but sometimes a long day of looking is all I need to update my vision for our apartment. 


Though the best deals are often found in piles of rubbish, I can't help but admire the more curated booths. This vendor offers silky tassels and ribbons that glitter with gold thread, and the table itself was elegantly trimmed. I could see this crafty-chic sign working just as well as a bulletin board, or to display table assignments at a wedding.


Sometimes going to the flea market feels like a trip to the pound, with so many sad little things needing new homes. It's hard to say no, especially to furry fellows like these! The green-eyed tiger puppet seemed to be begging for hugs, and the wiry fox terrier with the wonky ear... oh, I almost adopted him.


So, no new things, but a head full of new ideas. I'm feeling quite ambitious this year!

2 Have Spoken.:

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Sounds -- and looks -- like a glorious weekend.
Congrats on the freckle outcropping. It's bound mean more fun in the year to come.
Chau, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Sarah said...

I wish there would be any flea markets around here that look like this one. Love the bottles!