6.16.2010

Kitten Kitsch in the Kitchen

As a little girl, I amassed a pretty incredible collection of cat knick-knackery. You know how it goes. You mention once, "I like cats" and the next thing you know you're "Lizzie who likes cats." 

I'd like to think that my tastes have matured, but every once in a while...


These fat-cat measuring cups in shades of gray are like stacking toys for grown-ups. Just the thing for a cup of cream, and the perfect amount of cuteness for my countertop.

5 Have Spoken.:

magistra said...

These are adorable -- where did you get them? I have a very cute set of vintage stacking goose measuring cups, and some giraffe measuring spoons which, alas, do not stack so neatly.

Linda T.

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes a bit of fun in their kitchen! I spotted these on ModCloth here:

http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Apartment/Meow+for+Measuring+Cups

I haven't bought them (yet), but I'm having trouble resisting those little whiskery faces. My current (totally functional) set is plastic, faded from red to pink, and slightly warped from a few trips through the dishwasher too many. The cat set IS ceramic, and I'm tempted to use that as justification for a rather frivolous purchase...

Unknown said...

Amazing very nice cups.

Chicago Interior Designer

Maggie Rose said...

Ah hahahah I can totally see you wanting these! They are cute :) I used to beg people to get me "vintage angel or Virgin Mary" figurines - yes, this MAY have been influenced by Romeo and Juliet - and I never got ONE. WTF? Now I'm "crafty" so people buy me scrapbooking supplies... even though I don't scrapbook.

Unknown said...

Those are pretty darn cute!