1.13.2011

Wedding Inspiration: Gold & Glowing

I often wish I had a dozen more rooms to furnish, just so that I'd have enough space to implement all of my decorating ideas. Likewise, I think I'd need to get married a dozen times (only to Adam, of course!) to realize all of my wedding concepts. 

My vision for our wedding is becoming more and more specific as I narrow my color scheme, establish themes, and select my favorite flowers. However, I still love delving into blogs and magazines for more inspiration! Take this golden, summery tablescape...


Yellow isn't my color, but I love the upbeat elegance of this arrangement. It's formal (complete with gold chiavari chairs), but the mixed and matched elements keep it sunny and playful. Brass urns and candlesticks alone might have been stuffy, but king's thumbprint goblets are bright and unexpected- as is the combination of real and fabric flowers. And the "dandelion elixir" on each plate? Charming!

Photographs by Ryan McVay for Seattle Metropolitan Bride & Groom Magazine

The take-away from this tabletop? Variety - of flowers, of shapes, of textures - makes my heart sing!

0 Have Spoken.: