10.27.2010

Halloween at the WarLock House

Only a few days left until our Halloween party, and I'm scurrying around to make our house look appropriately haunted.


Our pumpkin continues the "Matilda WarLock's Ornery Face" theme. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting my Tildy-Cat, this requires some explanation. Tildy has been, since kittenhood, an unfortunate combination of intelligence and malevolence. When crafting our party invitations, I pictured Matilda's expression right before she pushes something valuable off of a shelf. It was the scariest thing I could think of!


Pumpkin carving is a serious tradition in my family, and my efforts fell far short of my Dad's past masterpieces (I can remember people posing their trick-or-treating kids for photos next to our pumpkins every year). I carved a day or two too early, and the wet weather has already eroded what were crisp lines and precise pinholes. Oh well! If it turns to glop before the party, I'll just show the guests a picture.


An adorably wicked welcoming committee, don't you think?





1 Have Spoken.:

Dad said...

Nice Jackolantern! Clearly the pumpkin does not fall far from the vine.

I may have to break out the long dormant carving tools and give it a go this year.