2.08.2010

Show & Tell: BYW Mood Board

Hello my lovely, patient readers! As you may have noticed, I've been here, there, and everywhere... except on my blog. I've been purchasing (more on that later), adventuring (more on that later), and learning from the great blogging masters: this winter I enrolled in Blogging Your Way, an e-class taught by the estimable Holly Becker of Decor8


Our latest assignment was to create a mood board. I was excited to break out my scissors and get clipping- until I remembered that my prodigious stash of snippets, magazines, and what-not was in another state. Drat! I started hunting through the odds and ends that I had on hand: the clipboard for my to-do list, some finds from my weekend jaunt through Pike Place Market with the delightful Maggie of Magchunk, a favorite necklace, a photo of my neurotic cat...


I was surprised (and for the sake of BYW, totally relieved) to see how beautiful it all looked when assembled. 




Voila. A mood board, and a glimpse at the aesthetic I'll be infusing into my new apartment and the new website for Shock the Bourgeois! (I told you we have a lot of catching up to do!)





7 Have Spoken.:

Jane Flanagan said...

What a fun project and I love the result. So expressive of your style!

Magchunk said...

Beautiful! So happy you've found a "use" for that decorative piece already! I love the palette.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see how you decorate the new place! And again, I'm so sorry we couldn't meet in person, but I still feel so lucky to be able to enjoy your blog whenever I need some inspiration! The octo-card is adorable! That reminds me... I need to find a cute Valentine for Mr. Magpie/Wasabi...

Anne @ The City Sage said...

Beautifully done! I can see the inspiration you got from your elizabeth maxson post, and then you've made it your own too!

can't wait til you get here and we can be besties!!

Elizabeth said...

Jane... Thanks! It's been way more fun checking out all of the other students' work!

Maggie... I can't wait to find a permanent home for that moulding- I'm thinking over a door, but perhaps just sitting out in a vignette?

Denise... I have a feeling we'll meet up sooner or later :) I hadn't even thought about V-Day until I saw the octopus card- I just knew I had to have it!

Anne... Be careful what you wish for, I arrive on Monday and expect BFF necklaces and a secret handshake.

frauheuberg said...

yeah...great...original...personal...love your styling...thanks for sharing...;)...cheers ines from BYW...

Joslyn said...

wow that is gorgeous! i need to make a mood board! so inspiring...