1.24.2012

My Ampersand

The ampersands went neck & neck, but in the end the battle was decided by four votes... which went to my talented opponent. My & was not, alas, the better letter. Did you guess which was mine?


I couldn't decide what shape to give my ampersand, so I decided to play with two in watercolors and gouache. 

It was a pleasure to break out my brushes for the Better Letters contest, thank you for voting!


4 Have Spoken.:

Andrea Krummel said...

Aw shucks, I definitely thought this was the better ampersand! (Even though I actually thought yours was the other one.)

Unknown said...

what fun! i'm pretty much completely obsessed with ampersands right now - putting them on everything in my shop!

i have to go check out this better letter site now - sounds wicked...

Unknown said...

Will Shock the Bourgeois ever return? I miss your blog so much!

Heather said...

Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! I have a question about your blog. HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com